Open to Any Full Size / Full Framed 6 or 8 cylinder vehicle.
Single ball attachment, 2 inch maximum. No safety chains, attachment at ball may be reinforced. Trailer must be in solid working order. No sharp objects or projectiles.
Suggestion: Boat trailers w/boat, campers, and tent trailers.
Trailers may be constructed of other cars by welding a bar to the front of a compact car and remove
front wheels. Cars converted to be towed as a trailer must have the fuel tanks removed.
(a) Each competitor is solely responsible for the effectiveness of personal safety equipment used during an event. IRWINDALE SPEEDAYWAY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EFFECTIVENESS OF
ANY PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT.
(b) Crash–bar recommended (see Interior section).
(c) All drivers must have and use a minimum 3-point seat belt system (5-point recommended).
(1) OEM driver’s seat belts must be in good condition and securely mounted.
(2) Aftermarket driver’s seat belt systems should be installed in accordance with the directions provided by the supplier and/or manufacturer.
(3) Shoulder belts may utilize or be mounted to the recommended crash-bar.
(d) Every car must be equipped with one fully charged fire extinguisher having at least a 10B:C rating.
(1) The fire extinguisher or the fire suppression activation control must be mounted within the seated driver’s reach and readily accessible for use.
(2) Each fire extinguisher must be designed to permit visual determination of whether it is fully charged.
(3) Each fire extinguisher shall have been rated and labeled by one of the following test labs:
(A) Underwriters Laboratories, Northbrook, Illinois.
(B) Factory Mutual Research Corporation, Norwood, Massachusetts.
(e) Fuel tanks: cars that have the fuel tank located between the front and rear axles may leave the tank in the stock location; cars with fuel tanks located behind the rear axle must be removed.
(1) Cars with fuel tanks removed must properly secure an approved fuel tank inside the car on the passenger floorboard area.
(2) A sealed, spill proof, UL approved fuel tank (e.g. boat fuel tank) may be used.
(3) The original stock fuel tank may be used when securely mounted inside the passenger compartment and centered in the rear passenger area.
(4) The following items must not be used to secure the fuel tank: self tapping screws, self tapping bolts, or plumbers tape.
(f) Every driver must wear a helmet, at least a valid Snell SA 2000 or SA 2005 Standard Snell and/or a valid SFI 31.1, SFI 31.2 or SFI 31.1/2005, with label, at all times on the track.
(g) Every driver must wear eye protection.
(h) Approved fire suit mandatory. Gloves recommended.
(i) It is recommended the center of steering wheel be padded with 2-inch of resilient material.
(j) It is recommended padding be used on the inside of the driver’s door and on the corner post.
(k) The engine hood must be modified for emergency response fire suppression access; either 2 holes, on left and right sides, 4-inch maximum diameter, or 1 hole, 6-inch in diameter, in center.