The Irwindale Speedway, a NASCAR sanctioned race track is seeking highly motivated and energetic candidates for our position of Marketing Assistant – Mascot & Community Operations for the time period of late-January 2019 through September, 2019
Please take a look at the job description and requirements below and apply for this position only if you meet the stated requirements.
The Speedway is looking for an individual that is looking to gain experience in the sports industry or has a passion for mascoting or marketing. Individual must have a flexible schedule and be able to work all NASCAR Whelen All American Race Series events and Night’s of Destruction. This position is for candidates who have completed a two year college degree. Position starts in late-January 2019 and runs through the end of September, 2019. This is a part-time, seasonal internship position paid bi-weekly. Local candidates are preferred.
• Perform as “Lug Nut Jr” the Speedway Mascot at all Community Appearances in season and off-season and all Speedway Events
• Perform as Lug Nut Jr in a professional manner in the stadium and at all off-site community appearances
• Help to research, pursue and schedule opportunities for Lug Nut Jr to appear at community events and generate revenue from appearances
• Maintain and use all mascot costumes by adhering to a rigorous cleaning schedule and alerting manager of repairs that are needed in a timely manner
• Assist in creating skits for video or on track promotional entertainment.
• Make appearances at community events to promote Irwindale Speedway, Lug Nut Jrs Kids Club and other speedway events
• Distribute Irwindale Speedway marketing information designed to help increase attendance at events
• Personally interact with Speedway fans inside and outside of the venue either in costume or out of costume when needed.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
• Work with the marketing staff to design, develop and implement promotional activities designed to be fun, interactive and to help sell tickets to events.
• Set up & execute Lug Nut Jr Birthday events by contacting and securing appearances
• Ability to work part-time hours for the duration of the job period
• Ability to work all event dates (NASCAR/NOD events and additional speedway events as needed)
• Extensive Night & weekend work will be required
• Maintain a professional attitude and conduct at all times, especially while representing the Irwindale Speedway organization.
Other duties as assigned
• Motivated Individuals with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
• Outgoing & creative personality with a willingness and desire to have fun
• Previous customer service experience is a plus
• Willingness to perform wacky promotional activities on-field and in the community
• MUST be roughly between 5’6″ and 6’1″ in height
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Valid Driver’s License, Clean Driving Record and own vehicle are required
• Previous mascot performance experience preferred (but not necessary)
• Experience and ability to translate and/or converse in Spanish (not required but is a plus)
To apply for this job, please email a cover letter answering the questions below and a resume to:
- How did you hear about this job?
- Yes/No: Do you have housing available in the Irwindale, CA area?
- Yes/No: Do you have previous experience as a mascot?
- Yes/No: Are you able to begin work in late January?